Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst

I HAVE A 45 RECORD OF CHUBBY CHECKERS THE TWIST, THAT HE AUTOGRAPHED

I HAVE A 45 RECORD OF CHUBBY CHECKERS THE TWIST, THAT HE AUTOGRAPHED FOR ME, HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH. THANKS ANDREA CLINTON,OH
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi Andrea,

What condition would you say the record is in? Excellent, good, fair, etc.? Has it been played, and if so, has it been played frequently?

Is it in an original record jacket or sleeve?

Is the autograph on the actual record or the sleeve?

Thanks for all your additional information.

Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

HI CHER,

THE RECORD IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. I ONLY PLAYED IT ONCE WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT, ABOUT 23-24 YRS AGO, TO RECORD IT ON A CASSETTE, SO I COULD TEACH MY SON HOW TO TWIST BECAUSE WE WERE ENTERING A TWIST CONTEST, WHERE CHUBBY CHECKER WAS APPEARING AND SANG THE TWIST, WHICH WE ACTUALLY CAME IN SECOND PLACE, FIRST PLACE WAS ACTUALLY SEMI PRO DANCERS. ( NOT FAIR BUT SECOND WAS OKAY TOO) IT IS IN IT'S ORGINAL SLEEVE PLUS I HAD PUT IT IN A PLASTICE SLEEVE AS WELL. THE AUTOGRAPH IS ON THE RECORD IT'S SELF. THANK YOU ANDREA

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again Andrea, and thanks for your reply.

I've found similar items for sale/auction on eBay and the prices range from not very much to $100 and more. I couldn't find the exact item you have, which, from your description, sounds like a collector may pay a nice price for.

If possible, find a 'collectibles' store in your area that buys/sells old records and/or autographed memorabilia and ask how much they'd give you for it. Remember that the store is in business to make a profit, so they wouldn't pay you top dollar, as, THEY would sell it for more, but it will give you an idea, and perhaps a starting point to put it up for sale on eBay, Amazon's auctions or elsewhere. You can basically ask whatever you like, and there might be someone out there who will pay it, to complete a collection, etc. You can also try Craigslist in your city; the listing is free of charge and will attract local people, usually (www.craigslist.com).

If you don't want to sell it at this time, hold onto it and continue to keep it in good condition, and perhaps you'll want to sell it in the future.

I wish you much good luck and hope it fetches a great price, if you do decide to sell it!

Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

THANK YOU CHER FOR YOUR HELP. I WAS JUST CURIOUS TO SEE IF I WOULD BE ABLE TO GET AN IDEA OF WHAT IT MIGHT BE WORTH, I KNOW THAT THE LONGER I KEEP IT, IT WILL GO UP IN PRICE AND GOD FORBID BUT WHEN THE TIME COMES THAT HE PASSES AWAY, I'M SURE IT WILL BE WORTH EVEN MORE. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP. ANDREA

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, Andrea, and you're most welcome.

Yes, the longer you keep it, it might increase in value and yes, God forbid when he passes away, it will be worth more, but remember that when attempting to sell items of this type, it also comes down to supply and demand and how many are out there in the market, at the time. When I researched eBay for you, I didn't find any autographed 45's of The Twist. I found autographed photos, albums, and the like, by Chubby Checker, so it's possible that the signed 45, with the autograph actually ON the record, might be worth more than what I saw.

Good luck! I hope if you sell it, you get a great price for it!

Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I DID ACCEPT YOUR ANSWER AND I CHECKED WITH MY CREDIT CARD AND IT WAS PAYED OUT AND DEDUCTED FROM MY ACCOUNT ON 3/28/09. THANKS
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, Andrea, and thanks for your reply.

The 'deposit' you placed with Just Answer, in order to be able to view the answer to your question, was deducted from your credit card account on 3/28/09, as you said, however, in order for me to receive my portion from Just Answer and credit for my work, you need to click the 'ACCEPT' button, in addition. That just shows you 'accepted' my answer, and a portion of the funds is transferred to me. No other charges are taken out of your account. So, if you could please click 'ACCEPT' on the page with my answer (or on this page), you will have then, officially 'accepted' it, and I will receive credit. If you have any further questions about how the system works, please write to:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Thanks very much!

Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Thanks so much, Andrea. I see that your accept just came through.

Regards,
Cher (no reply is needed, I'm only sending this as a request for information so you're not prompted to click accept an additional time)