Ask Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor Yo...

Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor
Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor, Entertainment Industry Executive
Experience:  Entertainment Consultant 25 yrs. Record labels. PR firm. Published Writer. World Traveler.

I know someone who is in a contest based on how many hits you

Customer Question

I know someone who is in a contest based on how many hits you get. Is it acceptable to ask other bloggers to hit the site and rate it a 5? I have never in my life blogged before.Customer
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor replied 5 years ago.
Hello Ladder

Yes, by all means if you have a following that you know would support you or an friend, you can ask them to hit the site. It's done all the time and when entering contests that are based on the most hits, the site usually wants as many people as possible to come to the site, and doesn't stipulate or really mind how they get there. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.

Chase

ps. good luck to your friend in the contest! :)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks you have been a big help. I'm worried though if there are people that might think it would be cute to put a smart aleck remark or lower her stars in any way.

Hello again :)

That certainly is the chance you take when you market this way...many people use their blog to market different things and events and only you can decide whether or not your blog readers are mature enough or dependable enough to support you in this way. When you post your blog, you may want to tell them a little bit about your friend and how important it is to you and your friend that they get hits or votes, and what they will do if they win, etc. If they feel they know the person in a way, they will be less apt to do something malicious.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you want to talk more.

Warmly

Chase
Experience: Entertainment Consultant 25 yrs. Record labels. PR firm. Published Writer. World Traveler.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you suggest a site that would be kind to old ladies?
Do you have your own blog?

Is the contest for you or a friend?

What type of contest is it?

Are you going to random blogs to ask people to vote?