The Scribbler
The Scribbler , Lamentably Modest Publications
Experience:  Short Story Writer
2837397

I have been offerred a spot hosting a video dealing with investment

I have been offerred a spot hosting a video dealing with investment scams (of which I was a victim). The intent is to warn other investors. The amount of video time would entail no more than a few minutes of actual video appearance, but will take some rehearsal and preparation time, as well. The offer would also include some of the particulars of my case in a mailer (postcard), advertising the availability of the video. The offer to me is for $1000, and my question is, "Is this a reasonable amount?"
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  The Scribbler replied 7 years ago.
In a word, yes.

Consider it a "gift" in a small, partial way to compensate you for your victim's status.

Have you seen the small claims court TV judges: "Judge Judy", "Judge XXXXX XXXXX", etc?

The people fighting those small dollar cases are real people and the cases are real cases. The ruling of the TV judge is binding. The people themselves get $500 each for participating, the producers look up actual small claims court filings to find the people.

The modest amount of time you will have to spend to prepare is more than "paid for" by the $1,000.