Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst

My friend owns a website, and is looking for a freelance writer

Customer Question

My friend owns a website, and is looking for a freelance writer to either pay him for an interview, or interview him for free to later sell to a magazine. Any idea where I can find one?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor replied 7 years ago.
Hi Lou,

I'm not clear on what you're asking, he wants someone to pay him to interview him?

Why would a magazine buy an interview? Why would an interview pay him?

What kind of website does he own?

What's the point of interest?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
     To be honest with you, I tried to explain that to him, but he's one of those people that are difficult (by difficult, I mean damn near impossible) to convince otherwise. He insists that there are freelance writers who are willing to pay for a story/interview, write it, then sell it to a magazine (or something of the sort) at a profit.
     His website is a networking website, focusing primarily on social networking, at least for the time being. It is a little interesting, so far as I can tell, in the fact that he was a member of a fairly popular social networking site, got treated poorly by a high-ranking staff member and the owner, and left to start his own site, which has had moderate success since its inception.