Ask Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor Yo...

Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor
Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor, Entertainment Industry Executive
Experience:  Entertainment Consultant 25 yrs. Record labels. PR firm. Published Writer. World Traveler.
1042561

Where can I buy a print of the picture of Babe Ruth that was

Customer Question

Where can I buy a print of the picture of Babe Ruth that was featured in Jessica Biel's apartment in the movie, "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry?"
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor replied 6 years ago.
Candice,

I've been looking for that poster for hours and it seems like many other people are looking for it too! Someone suggested that it may be a one time art piece and someone else mentioned that it might be a picture that was blown up and made into sepia tone.

The closest I could find for you to buy without doing any of the work yourself was here. This blog did a recreation of Jessica's apt from the movie and coincidently used the same picture! lol. You could also buy this poster, and a photo shop could sepia tone it for you. Or you could get any large print of him sepia toned. I know it's not the exact poster you were looking for, so if you decide not to accept I'll understand and opt out to see if another expert has better luck.

Chase
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Chase,

I found both of those sites today after my exhaustive search also. The closest I came was a thumbnail of the actual shot itself on a site called picsearch.com. The shot is on the third page of this site-I dont know how to access a print of it from this site as there is not much I can do with a thumbnail. Any other suggestions?

Interesting, that led me to find this (the first pic in the second row). At this point, I would send them an email asking what the availability of that picture is. I saw a few more like it, and they were marked as "public domain" meaning they were so old they were no longer under copyright. The thing would still be finding a large enough photo that would enlarge properly.

If you can't, what you might want to do, and what might be easier is find an artist that can recreate the picture in black and white or the sepia tones you want. If you want, i can look for artists that do reproductions and see what kinds of prices they quote?

Chase
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ms Chase,

Thanks for your help. The information was nothing I didn't already know but I appreciate your effort.

Good luck

No problem. I will opt out and see if there's anyone else who is able to help.

Chase