M. Castillo
M. Castillo, Entertainment Expert
Experience:  Music, Television, Book, and Film Expert. Your satisfaction is my goal.
3142421

Can anyone give me the name of a British movie which, I think,

Can anyone give me the name of a British movie which, I think, is based on fact. It's about a group of prisoners of Edgehill Prison who become world class gardeners exhibiting even at the Hampton Court Garden Show. It stars Clive Owen and Helen Mirren.
Hello, and welcome back to JustAnswer!

The film is called Greenfingers. It starred Clive Owen, as you mentioned, as well as Helen Mirrin, and was released in 2000. It is based on a true story.

You can purchase a copy here.

I hope this information is helpful. If it is, please kindly click the "Accept" button. If you still need assistance with this question, be sure to click the "Reply" button.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wishes!
Thank you for the accept and the kind feedback!

I wanted to pass along to you the New York Times article that the film was loosely based upon.

(There is no need to click the accept button again)

Best wishes!