M. Castillo
M. Castillo , Entertainment Expert
Experience:  Music, Television, Book, and Film Expert. Your satisfaction is my goal.
3142421

Looking for a young adults book from the 60s that featured

Looking for a young adults book from the '60s that featured a poor girl and her family in the 1800's or so. She got sick and went to stay with rich family members on a plantation in Barbados to get well. Eventually her whole family moved there.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  M. Castillo replied 8 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer!

I believe the book you are referencing is called "Magic Island" by Madye Lee Chastain.

Angel Thorne, a sickly ten year old, is sent to stay with her grandfather's boyhood friend. He decides to send her to Barbados to recuperate, along with his granddaughter Lissa, and her two friends, Emmy and Dodie.

Here is one of the only places I could find that discusses it. (scroll down to "Magic Island")

Here is a list of sellers.

I hope this information is helpful. If it is, please kindly click the "Accept" button. If you still need assistance with this question, be sure to click the "Reply" button.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wishes!