Mandy
Mandy, Dancer
Experience:  Music, Movie, Book, and Fashion Expert

Who wrote the song called The Trapeze Song with ...

Customer Question

Who wrote the song called The Trapeze Song with the lyrics below? I think it was maybe a Colorado songwriter in the 90''s but am not sure....I''m really look for an electronic version of it. Lyrics are as follows: Sometimes, I feel that my life is a series of trapeze swings. I''m either hanging on to a trapeze bar swinging along or, for a few moments, I''m hurdling across space between the trapeze bars.

Mostly, I spend my time hanging on for dear life to the trapeze bar of the moment. It carries me along a certain steady rate of swing and I have the feeling that I''m in control. I know most of the right questions, and even some of the right answers. But once in a while, as I''m merrily, or not so merrily, swinging along, I look ahead of me into the distance, and what do I see?

I see another trapeze bar looking at me. It''s empty. And I know, in that place in me that knows, that this new bar has my name on it. It is my next step, my growth, my aliveness coming to get me. In my heart of
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Mandy replied 5 years ago.

The Parable of the Trapeze is a story written by Danaan Parry from his book Warriors of the Heart:

"Sometimes I feel that my life is a series of trapeze swings. I'm either hanging on to a trapeze bar swinging along or, for a few moments in my life, I'm hurtling across space in between trapeze bars. I spend most of the time hanging on for dear life to my trapeze-bar-of-the-moment. It carries me along at a certain steady rate of swing and I have the feeling that I'm in control of my life. I know most of the right questions and even some of the right answers. But once in a while, as I'm merrily (or not so merrily) swinging along, I look ahead of me into the distance, and what do I see? I see another trapeze bar swinging toward me. It's empty, and I know, in that place that knows, that this new trapeze bar has my name on it. It is my next step, my growth; my aliveness coming to get me. In my heart-of-hearts I know that for me to grow, I must release my grip on the present, well-known bar to move to the new one."

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Reply to Mandy's Post: It was set to music and I'm looking for the person who did so I can get a copy of it...any clue who did that? Again, I think it was a singer from Colorado in the 80's or 90's but could be wrong on the locale....I had it on a CD for a brief time but can't find it anymore.
Expert:  Mandy replied 5 years ago.
Would it by any chance be Fran McKendree The Fear of Transformation? The Parable of the Trapeze by Danaan Parry is used in this version.
Mandy, Dancer
Experience: Music, Movie, Book, and Fashion Expert
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yep, you nailed it...how did you figure that out? I was looking for awhile and got nothing....

Thanks.
Expert:  Mandy replied 5 years ago.

You're more than welcome! :o)

I found the information based on the information you provided: searching the lyrics, finding the original author of the song and then locating versions of the song and hoping one of them was familiar to you.

By the way, you can order the song from Fran McKendree's online store, it will be the cd titled "The Fear of Transformation".

I'm so happy that I was able to assist you, I hope you have a great evening! :o)