Edward Johnson
Edward Johnson , Amateur Entertainer
Experience:  German Theater-4yrs; community theater 2 yrs; musician; dancer; producer
586644

I am looking for the artist and song title of a ...

Customer Question

I am looking for the artist and song title of a song from the 70''s or 80''s that I thought was called "All the Young Hero''s". The song started by saying "You payed allot for this freedom you got" main chores "All the young hero''s. Please help if you can ?? I remember it being on the radio and I think it was a rock song.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Tracy replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer

Here is a song from 1981 that I think might be the one you're looking for:

Young Heroes - by Kim Wilde

If this isn't right, please let me know.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for trying but that is not the song. It was a man singing the song. The words of the song have this in it .

"You payed allot for this freedom you got"
Main verse "All the young heroes.
Expert:  Edward Johnson replied 8 years ago.

Dear Bret,

I have been asked to take a look at this question. I hope you can appreciate how difficult it is, because we can not hear what you are hearing in your mind or memory.

Many songs get revived, re-worked, etc,and artists copy each other's songs after copyrights have expired.

There was a one hit wonder singing a similar song several years ago called Gary O'Conner Or "Gary O" In early 1981 his self-titled debut album was released on Capitol and featured several radio hits including "All The Young Heroes"

here is a Utube video of Gary O (but not your song, sorry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai6PlftGOIM

I provided this to you so you can see if his style and sound is what you remember.

It appears on an album by the name "Gary O". I do not believe it was cut as a single.

the album is for sales on Amazon.com.

Perhaps if you contact one of the album owners they can verify the lyrics.

http://www.amazon.com/Gary-O-Vinyl-LP-Stereo/dp/B0017X6YRW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1217692878&sr=1-2

Edward Johnson, Amateur Entertainer
Experience: German Theater-4yrs; community theater 2 yrs; musician; dancer; producer
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You got it !!!!!!!!!!!!
You rock !!!!

How do I make sure that you get $30.00 instead of the $9.00 that I signed up for ??

Thank you again...

Dear Bret,

Thank you for the feedback and your comments. I got it, thanks.