Steve Gardner
Steve Gardner , Musician
Experience:  80's music trivia nut. Classically trained pianist - 35 years at it.
329447

what is the industry standard software for editing feature ...

what is the industry standard software for editing feature films? in other words, what are the studios like paramount using?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Steve Gardner replied 8 years ago.

I spoke to a colleague of mine who does non linear editing of video. The industry standard is a series of software products made by 'Avid' including Liquid and Express Pro.

I went to Avid's web site at http://www.mediacastsys.com/Avid_Xpress_Pro.htm and read the following:

As a standalone solution or portable offline editor, Avid Xpress Pro software combines professional video, audio, film, effects, DVD authoring, and encoding tools-plus custom music creation tools-for both Mac and PC. Find out why industry-standard Avid tools are used to create nearly all of today's feature films and prime time television shows:

and...

What do Avid's over 200 patents for professional editing, six Emmy® Awards and an Academy Award® for Technical Achievement mean to you? They mean that the same features that have made Avid editing systems the overwhelming choice of video and film professionals worldwide are available to you in Avid Xpress Pro video and film editing software.

I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks for the info.