Ask Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor Yo...

Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor
Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor, Entertainment Industry Executive
Experience:  Entertainment Consultant 25 yrs. Record labels. PR firm. Published Writer. World Traveler.

Ive been working on a band name for some time

Customer Question

I''ve been working on a band name for some time now. I was wondering if the name sounds better with an "s" on the end. The name is "nomadattic or nomadattics". I know this is probably stupid but nomad attic means one, while nomad attics means many, but which one would be better to promote with a website and that people will remember better. Should I split the words up or keep them to geither. I really like the name. thanks jason
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor replied 6 years ago.

Hello Jason,

If it's a band of more than one person, then putting the 's' on the end makes sense. I like it as one word, because putting it seperatly gives you the word "attics" which is also a room in a house. Having an 's' on the end won't make a difference as far as rememering a webpage.

Let me know if you want to talk more

Chase

Experience: Entertainment Consultant 25 yrs. Record labels. PR firm. Published Writer. World Traveler.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What does the name mean to you when you heard it

Hello again Traveler,

When you separate it, both words have english meanings

nomad - people that move from one place to another

attic - space found between the rood and ceiling of a home

That's why I said that it would be better to use them as one word so that people don't focus on their separate english meanings.... Of course when you do a website, ie, www.nomadattics.com it's one word anyway. It also seems to be a little hard to pronounce, but honestly its good because it's different. You make the name what it is and if the music is good people will remember the name.

Let me know if you want to talk more.

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What does nomadattics mean to you as oneword,what image does it give you? Does nomadaddics, nomadtics,nomadtixs sound better? I guess i'm trying to protray an image of a band of crazy endless travelers. Thats what nomadattics means to me but do you pick that up from the name? If you pick that image off another name of mine that i picked witch would it be nomadaddics. I was also tring to play with the word to come up with something diferrent like def leppard, pinkfloyd, grateful dead, godsmack,rage against the machine.

Actually I like Nomadaddix, what do you think?

Chase

Another expert suggested Nomadix, which I actually like better than my suggestion. :)

I also wanted to be absolutely sure that you weren't thinking of the word addict, which is the correct spelling for someone who is addicted to something?

Chase