Jamie
Jamie, Entertainment Fan
Experience:  Celeb gossip junkie, Former Entertainment Radio Talk Show Host & DeeJay
7926538

What happened to James Marvelle from the Mercy band in 1969

Did He go to prision? and if so, why?
He disappeared for 30 yrs. Where?
Name should be spelled Marvell

According to his website http://www.jamesmarvell.com/home.html, he was called by Christ to become a country singer and to keep kids off drugs. He formed Country Cavaleers and that singing duo disbanded in 1976.

Marvell went solo in 1976 turning his attention back to Gospel Music and the original calling on his life which only got stronger in 1973 when he accepted Jesus as Savior through the ministry of Bob Harrington aka The Chaplin of Bourbon Street. In 1974 James met another powerful minister who inspired him greatly, evangelist LeXXXXX XXXXX. He began making special singing appearances on the LeXXXXX XXXXX Crusades all across America during the middle to late 70s and even took a musical program to a South Carolina prison in the 80s to perform for Jenkins and his other co-inmates.

Hope that helps.

Jamie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So does that mean he was a co-inmate? I really still want to know where he has been for 30 years.
I don't think so. It doesn't mention anything about getting in trouble, just just mentions a lot of church and country music. I think he was just working in small venues and churches. His website says he is available for bookings now. :^)