Ask Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor Yo...

Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor
Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor , Entertainment Industry Executive
Experience:  Entertainment Consultant 25 yrs. Record labels. PR firm. Published Writer. World Traveler.
1042561

Someone wants to produce my script, he is new

Someone wants to produce my feature script. He is new producer (but has done directing and writing before on TV) has money to make script wants to give me reimbursement in form of profits if any after makeing it. He promises to make the movie. Also I get Writing and Assc Producer credit. If I want Asc producer credit, he is asking for $2,000.00, just writing credit, no money changes hands.

Is there anything I should make sure I do to protect myself in the event it goes on to make money?

I just want to see film made and have no problem with this type of arrangement and am OK if it doesn't make money. But if it does, I want to be protected. The plan is to enter finished project into film festivals and if it does well get distrobution.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Ms Chase - JA Entertainment Mentor replied 8 years ago.

Chas,

The most important thing is to get everything in writing. Particularly who makes the money and how they make the money. I would also ask for clarity about the 2k, what does that money go toward, and what rights and responsibilities does the title Asc Producer give you?

Chase