dzwreck
dzwreck, Hobby
Experience:  Entertainment enthusiast, Movie and entertainment trivia fanatic, love sports entertainment
3456305

what do you need to become a stripper in detroit, mi as far ...

Customer Question

what do you need to become a stripper in detroit, mi as far as license?
I am interested in becoming an adult entertainer and work at a strip club what exactly do i need to get a dance card from the city
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  dzwreck replied 9 years ago.

Good eveningCustomerand welcome to Just Answer!

In order to simply become a stripper working for a club in Detroit Michigan or anywhere in Michigan, as far as I know, all you have to do is go to a strip club and apply for a job. If you get hired you will go through training and then you will begin exotic dancing at the club. There is no special license or "dance card" or anything that you need to obtain to become just simply a stripper that dances at a club. Now if you are looking to open up your own strip club, that would be a different story. There would be some type of licensing necessary, community ordinances and laws would need to be reviewed, etc... But if you are just looking for getting a job from a strip club in the Detroit area, there do not appear to be any special licenses or anything that you should need to obtain. You can also look into getting a job as a stripper in Windsor Canada since it is only a car ride across the bridge away if you do not have a lot of luck getting hired at a Detroit strip club. Good luck and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance or help any further. Please leave positive feedback after you have clicked accept and I will do the same for you. Thank you and have a happy and safe St. Patrick's Day weekend.

Here is an interesting story about some strip clubs in Windsor that are offering to assist with college tuition if you strip for them: http://www.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATION/09/09/offbeat.nude.tuition/

Here is another link about city council in the Detroit area getting upset about strip clubs in the area: http://www.clickondetroit.com/politics/2946381/detail.html