NICOLE
NICOLE, CONSULTANT
Experience:  I AM UP ON ALL TRENDS ,MOVIES,TRAVEL CELEB INFO,MUSIC, I INVESTIGATE ALL POSSIBLE RESOURCES
1887393

how do i stop a CD from skipping

Customer Question

how do i stop a scratched CD from skipping with toothpaste? What kind of toothpaste do i use, and how do i put the toothpaste on, and how do i remove it?
Category: Entertainment
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
please help me!! I still need help on fixing a scratched CD. All i have is Colgate toothpaste at home, and i really would like some help!!
Expert:  NICOLE replied 10 years ago.

Hi this is the cheaper way to fix scratches. Personally I would buy a disc cleaner to be on the safe side. But since you put toothpaste on it already I can tell you what to do.Take a cotton swab and gently rub over the scratches with the toothpaste until they dissappear or as close as you cant get. Rub from inside ring of disk toward outer edge. do not rub in circles. Then wash cd in water and gently dry with a soft cloth. A microfiber cloth works best. The other cheap way is Pledge, Petroleum jelly, Armor All. If it does not work the scratches may be to deep to repair. To get a backup copy go to Hacks and Guides section .Do not use sponges. I do not advise you use the cheaper ways I would buy a disc cleaner. But if you are going to do this the instructions are stated above.Good luck. Have a pleasant day.