DONNA
DONNA, ADD'M ASS'T/ARTIST/FREELANCE
Experience:  GOURMET COOK, CATERING/PARTY PLANNING-EVENTS-MAJOR KNOWLEDGE OF ENT TRIVIA!

how much food do i need for 75 people

No Comment Added
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  DONNA replied 8 years ago.
WHAT IS THE OCCASION? HELD WHERE? BUDGET? CHILDREN ALSO? ANY SPECIFICATIONS...ie:ONLY KOSHER, BBQ, ETC.
Expert:  DONNA replied 8 years ago.
NOW, UPON READING YOUR NEXT POST, MOST OF MY QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! WHAT IS THE RATIO OF HER 30 SOME ODD YEAR OLD FRIENDS AND YOURS> WHAT TIME OF DAY OR NIGHT? SIT DOWN? ANY ENTERTAINMENT? HAVE YOU A MENU/FOODS PLANNED? IF SO WHAT & I CAN ALSO GIVE YOU SOME GREAT IDEAS. WERE YOU PLANNING ON ANY APPETIZERS OR JUST MAIN DISHES?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to DONNA's Post: half her freinds half all age family it starts at 6pm on saturday .buffet we are having a dj maybe a few appetlizers , pata with pesto fettercini alfrado , red sauce pasta ,chicken , turkey brest , meat balls ,sausage&peppers, salad,i am not sure what to make,
Expert:  DONNA replied 8 years ago.
I CANNOT BELIEVE I HAD MY ENTIRE ANSWER ALMOST DONE & SWITCHED THE PAGE & LOST IT! TO START AGAIN IT SOUNDS GREAT...YOU'RE ALMOST THERE. APPETIZERS ARE ALWAYS BEST AS THEY'RE A GREAT FILLER & MUCH EASIER THAN THE MAIN DISHES TO KEEP TEMP. FETTUCINE ALFREDO IS GREAT, BUT BE SURE THAT IT'S IN A WARMING DISH/TRAY (STERNO?) AS IT TENDS TO DRY UP QUICKLY, SO MAKE EXTRA SAUCE & ADD AS TIME GOES ON. NOTHING LIKE STICKY PASTA. MOST OF THE DISHES CAN BE FROZEN, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PASTA, SO BETTER MORE THAN NOT ENOUGH! MEATBALLS ARE GREAT, SHRIMP WITH A DIPPING SAUCE (KETCHUP, HORSERADISH, ETC) IS FINE & ALSO FLIES...THE BAGS OF FROZEN SHRIMP ARE WELL WORTH IT. FIGURE 4 PP AS NO ONE WANTS TO LOOK LIKE A PIG & IF YOU BUY A CAN OR 2 (OR 3?) OF CRABMEAT, PICK THEM APART & MIX IN W/ THE SHIMP FOR A REALLY EDIBLE PLATTER W/ A MUSTARD MAYO DIP. YOU CAN EVEN MAKE @ 60 OR SO MED SIZED SHRIMP SKEWERS WITH A FEW (MED? SMALL?) ON EACH WOODEN SMALL SKEWER & CRISS CROSS THEM OVER EACHOTHER ON A LARGE PLATTER WITH A COLORED LETTUCE OR WHAT YOU HAVE LEFT FROM THE CABBAGE UNDERNEATH AS A GARNISH. CRUDITES ARE ALWAYS A BET WITH 2 OR 3 DIPS IN HOLLOWED OUT CABBAGES (DIFF COLORS) OR BREAD ROUNDS W/ THE TOPS SLICED OFF & HOLLOWED OUT. LEFTOVERS FOR ANY APP MAKE GREAT LUNCHES! RED PASTA SC IS A GOOD IDEA...A FRA DIAVLO? SPICY...mmmm.A CAESAR SALAS IS ALWAYS FINE BUT W/ ANCHOVIES ON THE SIDE, AS ALOT OF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THEM. ALMOST EVERYTHING CAN BE PRE-BOUGHT IF TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE & YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH HELP. THE BAGS OF LETTUCES HELP, BUT THAT'S A LOT FOR 75!I THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF DISHES...MAYBE LOAD UP ON THE APP A BIT MORE. THERE'S ALWAYS CHEESES. SOME SORT OF BREAD (GARLIC) OR WARM ITALIAN OR FOCCACIA IS FINE TO SOP ALL THE SAUCES WITH. THE STORES ALSO SELL THOSE MINI QUICHES & APPETIZERS IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE MAKING ANOTHER.WHAT KIND OF TURKEY? ROASTED & SLICED? TOO THANKSGIVINGY, UNLESS IT'S LIKE A WHOLE SMOKED TURKEY, SLICED & ARRANGED ON THE BUFFET. OR A PORK OR LAMB DISH? SAUSAGES ARE PERFECT.I DON'T KNOW HOW ALL OUT YOU WANT TO GO. I NORMALLY OVER DO IT & TAX MYSELF...BUT EVERYONE ELSE IS ENTHRALLED.IF YOU NEED ANY RECIPES OR SERVING SUGGESTIONS (HOW TO) LET ME KNOW. WHAT VEG, DIPS, CHEESES ETC. MARINATED MUSHROOMS, CUCUMBERS, GUACAMOLE/CHIPS/SALSA,LASAGNE (SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE ON AN ITALIAN TRACK ANYWAY...A LARGE ANTIPASTO CHEESES & MEATS ROLLED), (THESE ARE JUST IDEAS), SATES FOR APP, ROASTED EGGPALNT & PEPPERS, STRING BEANS VINAGERETTE W/ RED ONIONS ARE DELICIOUS. TOMATOE, BASIL & MOZZ SLICES, STUFFED CKN BREASTS ARE GREAT IF YOU HAVE HELP CHOPPING & ROLLING, YOU'D PROB NEED @    SPLIT, DE-BONED W/ SKIN & PROB NEED @ 40 1/2 BREASTS. WHEW. ALOT OF WORK BUT WORTH IT. I WOULD SAY @ 8 LBS OF PASTA FOR EACH DISH IS PLENTY. THAT'S @ FOR 50 PEOPLE EACH & YOU HAVE OTHER FOODS. SO W/ 3 PASTA DISHES I WOULD GO W/ 6 CUPS PESTO & 8 LBS PASTA (FOR @ 50), FOR THE FETTUCINE...AT LEAST6 C CREAM, 12 EGGS, (I DON'T USE EGGS), 3 C PARM, 18 TB BUTTER, ETC...THAT SHOULD DO YOU FOR 50 WITH LEFTOVER SC. HOPE THIS DOESN'T OVERWHELM YOU BUT I WANTED TO GIVE YOU AS MANY IDEAS AS I COULD COME UP WITH (OH, AM I STARVING...AND PASTA FOR DINNER, OF COURSE!)...I THINK THE PASTAS & MEATS W/ SAUSAGES & SALAD ARE PLENTY FOR MAIN DISHES OR EVEN STICK THE SAUSAGES WITH THE APPETIZERS. SOUNDS PERFECT TO ME...3-4 APP'S ARE FINE AT THE MOST...MEATBALLS DEFINATLEY, CRUDITES ARE EASY & THEY'LL ALSO BE GONE, AND FUN TO PRESENT, JUST MAKE SURE NOTHING IS DOUBLED ON & YOU BALANCE W/ HOT & COLD. MOST PEOPLE MAKE A MEAL OF APP. SO "YOU" GET TO TAKE THE REST HOME! CKN PARM IS GOOD IF WELL DONE & YOU'RE 1/2 WAY THERE W/ THE SAUCE. ALOT OF BREADING & FRYING, BUT DON'T FORGET...NOT EVERY PERSON IS GOING TO HAVE 1 OF EVERYTHING...ALOT OF LARGE THINGS YOU MAY WANT TO HALVE SOME OF IT, SO PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO SHARE & CUT AT THE BUFFET TABLE. I'M SURE THE DECORATIONS ARE UNDER CONTROL, BUT LET ME KNOW...ALSO, FEEL FREE FOR ANY QUESTIONS @ RECIPES, AMOUNTS...ANYTHING...THIS IS ALMOST AS MUCH FUN AS HAVING A PARTY BUT NO WORK. IT ALL REALLY DOES SOUND 3/4 DONE...KEEP THE RED WINE FLOWING & A GOOD TIME WILL BE HAD BY ALL! DONNA
Expert:  DONNA replied 8 years ago.
I ALSO HAVE A GREAT RECIPE FOR WHAT I CALL BRIE BREAD. YOU'D PROB NEED @ 3-4 LOAVES...HERBS, BRIE, WHITE WINE, OLIVE OIL, S & P & I HAVE NEVER HAD IT TURNED DOWN & I AM NOT EVEN A BRIE LOVER! ALSO...I MAKE THESE GARLIC CLOUDS, THAT ARE FAB & CAN BE FROZEN IN ADVANCE. JUST LET ME KNOW YOUR PREF & I CAN SEND RECIPES/PIX... I HAVE SOME FROM SOME PARTIES I HAVE DONE OF PLATTERS...WHATEVER WASN'T RUINED BY THE OCT FLOOD!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I want a different opinion.
i need to know how much food i would need for75 people ,my menue is three pasta dishes (pesto , alfrado, red sauce ) meatball , sauage& peppers , chicken franchase, another meat, ceasar salad, tomato & mozzarella& basil salad, how much do i need of each dish.and what else do i need for the main course? for appitizers i am going to have a veg platter with ranch dressing, pepperoni& cheese with crackers. frozen app. how much do i need of the app. how many different app. do i need.i need actual amounts cant figure this out. thank for your help
Expert:  Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport replied 8 years ago.
Some recipe web sites, including Recipe.com, offer the ability to scale
(change the number of servings in) a recipe. For example here is
a basil pesto recipe that serves 16 -- use the 'Change' Link (next to the number of servings) to change the number of servings.

You should be able to find scalable recipes for the dishes on your menu
at the above, or similar, websites. Note that you may want to
increase your number of servings by 10 or 15 additional servings over
your head-count in order to cover second helping requests and other
unexpected contingencies.

Click the above Link(s) for additional information.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, thanks for the
opportunity to assist you... Please honor my efforts by Clicking the
green 'Accept' button (located within this post -- above-right).
Adding a bonus -- should you wish to do so -- would be warmly welcomed.

Good Luck!

Steve

Expert:  DONNA replied 8 years ago.
hi! i'm glad you took my suggestions for the caesar salad, tomatoe, mozzerella & basil salad,(you can also cube it), crudites & dip, cheese platter, & frozen appetizers! the chicken francese is a great idea & so easy! (great to freeze, also). i would go with 1 more meat dish for a main course and i think you're done. the 3 pastas & ckn, sausage & something like carved roast turkey breat slices is fine or what's easier is to make the meatballs large & that's perfect as the last main. balanced well...meat, ckn & pasta! linguine w/ clam sc is an idea too.

**appetizer buffet*

crudites & dip
                  cheese platter
                  mini appetizers
           tomatoes, mozzerella slices & basil
              sausages, peppers & onions (?)

**main course buffet**

pasta pesto   
                 linguine fra diavlo
                  fettucine alfredo
                         *
                  chicken francaise
             italian meatballs a la peyton
               sausages, peppers & onions (?)
                 roasted carved turkey
                    caesar salad
                    garlic bread

i think looking at it may help a bit more esp if you print it out & juggle things around. the large meatballs are great & can be eaten along with any of your sauces.now for amounts:
CRUDITES/DIP-(some items)celery 2 bags,cherry tomatos depending on how sold, @ 100,carrots-3 bags,mushrooms-2 containers,snap peas-2 lbs,red/green & yellow peppers-@4-5 of each pepper,cucumber-5,broccoli-2 heads,cauliflower-1 head to name a few.
DIPS-ranch, onion, dill,cheese, etc. @ 6 cups if only 1 dip, the Knorrs spinich dip (packets) is good, & even onion dip..if 2-3 dips-@3 cups each. the ingredients & amounts are on it so just multiply. (hollowed cabbages are a good container.
CHEESE/PEPPERONI PLATTER-there are so many types-i don't know if you want pre-slice or cut yourself, but depending on how many types of cheeses, you can always go simple with 3 cheddar, 3 swiss, 3 jack/jack pepper, 3 brie, 3 fontina, the softer the cheeses, the better, and you can always get 1/2 wheels of cheeses. i would get sliced pepperoni, or cut it youself @5 lbs.
MINI APPETIZERS-they have frozen quiches-spinich, cheese, etc., shumai, dogs in puff pastry,filo dough with different fillings, mushrooms-figure @ 3 per person, so @ 40 boxes (whoa!)
SAUSAGES & PEPPERS & ONIONS-@25-30 SAUSAGES, 10 RED PEPPERS, & 4 LARGE VIDALIA ONIONS.
TOMATOES, MOZ-@ 12 large tomatoes, @ 9 lbs fresh mozz, 3-4 bunches or basil

PASTAS-8 lbs of each for each dish
PESTO-ALFREDO SAUCE AMOUNTS IN FIRST REPLY
CHICKEN FRANCESE-@ 30 whole breasts-mushrooms @ 5 boxes or 8 cans, onions @ 3
LARGE MEATBALLS-9 lbs ground meat(s), eggs, breadcrumbs, garlic, onions & whatever you may put in them
sausages for a main dish-just double
TURKEY BREAST-a 25 lb turkey sliced
CAESAR SALAD-8 heads romaine/or the bags, dressing accordingly-@6 c dressing
GARLIC BREAD/BREAD-7-8 italian loaves

hope this helps more seeing it set up differently-have fun & if you need any more help or recipes or pix let me know & if you accept my efforts click the green 'Accept' button !best,

..·:*¨¨*:·.donna.·:*¨¨*:·.

&nbs p;

DONNA, ADD'M ASS'T/ARTIST/FREELANCE
Experience: GOURMET COOK, CATERING/PARTY PLANNING-EVENTS-MAJOR KNOWLEDGE OF ENT TRIVIA!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you donna that helpd alot. hope you get your money
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
do i need any other veg. to go with that menue
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how can i frezze the chicken , do i need another meat if i use the saugage and pepper, and meat ball for the main course can i put the turkey on a platter cold with lettuce and tomatoes for sandwiches or should i put it in a chafing dish. and keep it hot .
Expert:  DONNA replied 8 years ago.
HELLO-I THINK THAT YOU'RE FINE WITH WHAT YOU HAVE AS FAR AS VEG. THE'LL BE DYING FOR MEAT AFTER THE APPETIZERS! YOU HAVE PLENTY! FREEZING THE CHICKEN AFTERWARDS? JUST SARAN WRAP EACH/PORTIONS FOR HOWEVER MANY PEOPLE YOU'LL NEED FOR DINNER AT NIGHT, ETC. AND THEN PUT TIN FOIL @ THAT. PUTTING IT IN A FREEZER ZIP LOCK THAT YOU CAN WRITE ON WILL HELP & DON'T FORGET TO DIVIDE UP ENOUGH SAUCE/MUSHROOMS/ONIONS SO MAKE EXTRA, SO EVERYONE WILL HAVE ENOUGH. IT' GREAT OVER NOODLES, WITH A SALAD, MASHED POTATOES. FREEZES VERY, VERY WELL. I WOULD KEEP THE SAUSAGE & PEPPER AS AN APPETIZER...YOU HAVE MORE COLD THAN HOT & MAKE THE "LARGE" MEATBALLS...THEY'LL BE A BIG HIT. I'D HAVE THE TURKEY EITHER WAY. I DOUBT ANYONE WILL WANT TO START WITH MAKING A SANDWICH WITH THE ITALIAN BREAD...CUTTING, THAN YOU HAVE TO THINK WHAT THEY WANT ON IT-MAYO,RUSSIAN,MUSTARD-WHATEVER. I THINK YOU'RE BETTER OFF WITH SLICES (THICKER THAN FOR A SANDWICH (THANKSGIVING THICKNESS) SO THEY CAN EAT IT OFF THE PLATE W/ A KNIFE & FORK LIKE ALL OF THE OTHER MAIN DISHES. CAN YOU SEE EATING PASTA, CHICKEN & MEATBALLS WITH A SANDWICH ALSO? TOO MUCH I THINK & EVERYONE'S GOING TO WANT TO TRY EVERYTHING, UNLESS THEY'RE A VEGETARIAN, ETC. I'D PUT IT IN A CHAFING DISH OR KEEP IT WARM ELSEWHERE, IF THERE'S A KITCHEN FACILITY AND SERVE IT WARM/ROOM TEMP. AS IT TENDS TO DRY OUT. I THINK IT ALL SOUNDS GREAT THE WAY IT'S HEADING & WHETHER OR NOT YOU DO TURKEY FOR SANDWICHES EITHER IS FINE, BUT AS MUCH AS LITTLE MEATBALLS ARE A GOOD APPETIZER, THE BALANCE OF MEAT-CKN-TURKEY & PASTA IS PERFECT. ALL YOU HAVE TO DECIDE IS SAUSAGES AS THE MAIN/APP & MEATBALLS AS THE MAIN OR APP. IT'S JUST SWITHING 2 GOOD DISHES AROUND AND BIGGER/SMALLER SIZES FOR THE MEAT. JUST DON'T ASK ME FOR DESSERT IDEAS! KIDDING! GLAD I COULD HELP & ANY FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED & I'LL BE GOING OUT TO DINNER TONIGHT WITH THE 24 CENTS I MADE! FEEL FREE W/ ANY MORE QUESTIONS!

..·:*¨¨*:·.DONNA.·:*¨¨*:·.
DONNA, ADD'M ASS'T/ARTIST/FREELANCE