TheMysticWave
TheMysticWave, Public Relations Consultant
Experience:  15 years experience in the entertainment field. Concert Promoter.
6999

Game Shows

Customer Question

what agency governs the authenticity of game shows
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  TheMysticWave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

It would be the FTC (Federal Trade Commission)

If you have a specific legal question concerning a game show, please let me know, as I'm a legal secretary/paralegal in California.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to TheMysticWave's Post: But isnt there a name or special org like standards and practices?

Greetings:

Thank you for responding - normal standards and practices can usually be found on the terms and conditions - Otherwise, it's governed by the FTC - but, I can look further for you. Can you provide me with additional and/or specific information, so that I have a more general idea as to what this is all about?

Thank you.

I look forward to your reply.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to TheMysticWave's Post: Thank You. I am a video Production company about to form an independently produced tv show for cable, it involves a competition of sorts and was trying to find out if I needed to be registered in some way, to preserve the integrity and honesty of the production. Thank You Again for your immediate attention, TOM
                       Action Video Resources inc.

Greetings:

Thank you for responding and providing more information.

Please know that I need to make a huge correction......I mentioned the FTC - I meant the FCC which is the Federal Communications Commission. My sincere apologies for the error.

With respect to the additional information you provided, to my knowledge and belief, you will also need to contact the cable company in the city and state wherein you wish for the show to air. You also require a license for which the FCC will advise you about as well as your inquiry of authenticity of games shows - meaning the rules and regulations.

I hope this information has helped some. Once again, I apologize for the error.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave