TheMysticWave
TheMysticWave , Public Relations Consultant
Experience:  15 years experience in the entertainment field. Concert Promoter.
6999

Phyllis Diller

Customer Question

In the 70's or 80's what kids show was Phyllis Diller as the main character called? I can't exactly remember any characters, except her crazy hair and some creatures (kinda like the muppets but not the muppet show).
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  erthgoddss replied 12 years ago.

According to the site http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-7413

Diller starred in The New Scooby Doo movies in 1972 but as herself

The Muppet Show in 1977 as herself

In 1993 she played Mrs. Peterson in Blossom

If you go to the site.. you will see she has worked almost continously from the 1960's until the current time. (This amazing woman is still working at age 86!) The shows she has been on are all named on that site.. I am not sure if she starred with other characters in some of the other TV shows she was on.. but the only one for the 70's and 80's were the ones named above.

I hope this helps!

Expert:  amopizza replied 12 years ago.
She was also in the movies "Jonathan Winters on the Ledge" released in 1989, "Through the Looking Glass" released in 1987, "How to Have a Moneymaking Garage Sale" released in 1987 (If you want to call that a movie), "Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number" released in 1989 and "Hungry I Reunion" released in 1989.
Customer: replied 12 years ago.
No it was a cartoon series. Perhaps it was someone who looked similar.
Customer: replied 12 years ago.
Rejected erthgoddss's Post. Reason Given: Maybe the episodes I saw were reruns. But it was a kids series.
Customer: replied 12 years ago.
Rejected amopizza's Post. Reason Given: This was not a movie. It was a kids series that wasn't played for very long. The lady was the main character every episode.
Expert:  KRISTEN replied 12 years ago.
Ok. This maybe a stupid answer but when you said it was kinda like the muppets but not the muppet show, the first thing that popped into my head was a show I use to watch called "Fraggle Rock"...Would this happen to be the show your talking about? It is a kids show and it was all puppets with a few adults.
Customer: replied 12 years ago.
No, sorry this wasn't Fraggle Rock it was before those cartoons. I have searched the internet, asked my mother, and no one seems to know. Must be a different lady.
Customer: replied 12 years ago.
Rejected KRISTEN's Post. Reason Given: No, sorry this wasn't Fraggle Rock it was before those cartoons. I have searched the internet, asked my mother, and no one seems to know. Must be a different lady.
Expert:  kurious2 replied 12 years ago.
One of Diller's first animated jobs was playing herself in the Scooby-Doo kids' show, but that was way back "with my funny hair and my old face," she says. "My old face was funnier."

http://www.canoe.ca/JamMoviesArtistsD/diller_phyllis.html
Customer: replied 12 years ago.
Rejected kurious2's Post. Reason Given: It must not have been Diller. Someone else must have been the main character. But the lady had crazy hair and wierd muppet-like creatures always singing and on crazy adventures.
Expert:  TheMysticWave replied 12 years ago.

Greetings:

Below is a link of all the Children's Television Programs which aired in the 1970's....perhaps you may recognize one of them:

Television in the 1970's - Children's Television - Nostalgia Central

Bright Blessings

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave