George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

We are refining used motor oil. I have a lot of experience

Customer Question

We are refining used motor oil. I have a lot of experience with distilling it. We are cracking the used motor oil so it is lighter but still need to distill it using a vacuum. Our Gage reads 26 in Mercury so what is that in Tor? which i understand. The lower the vacuum the lower the oil will distill in the flash zone in the column. we are reading the 26 number for inches of mercury. It is a small column. Normally, a chemical engineer would answer this. I just need to know generally what the temperature of the oil is at a mercury of 26. You can use base oil which is lighter as your model numbers. I'm looking for a number like, 550 f, 650 f . The number will be what the oil is vaporizing at 26 inches of mercury.
Category: Engineering
Expert:  George H. replied 4 months ago.

This chart should help you

Click here

Let me know if you have further questions