walkereng
walkereng, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Over 30 years of comprehensive experience
61772417

I want to build a gantry stile system to lift 1.2 tonne

Customer Question

i want to build a gantry stile system to lift 1.2 tonne blocks of a trailer and lower them into position as retaining wall blocks they are solid concrete 1.2L x.9H x .6W meters
1. what size beam should i use at the top to support the block and tackle thats connected to a roller dolly
2. the span of supports needs to be minimum 3m apart to allow trailer to back under it and allow space beside to lower the block into position
3. what size should the upright posts be and bolt sizes i need them approx 3m high
4. how big should the base pads be to keep stable
I need to be able to move this along for each 1.2m blocks the ground is solid dirt
Category: Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I can help you with this. Each question should really be asked separately. As you can see, it can quickly snowball into a lot of questions and time as a single question. Let me know if you would like to continue and, if so, which question you would like answered as this question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's really quite simple setup you need all perimeters to be able to supply the correct information

I will opt out for you. Good luck with your project