A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612

I'm looking licensed engineered in the state of NH that can

Customer Question

I'm looking for a licensed engineered in the state of NH that can appraise and write a certified letter to meet town selectmen board requirments on a 70 foot ham radio antenna. It is being used to transmit 100 watt Fm radio station. Attached to building at 17.6' above ground. base is 3x3x3 continiuos pour cement reod and stone base with 6) 12" L shaped anchor boltes The town wants wind speed and ice load parameters. We put 3 guide wires at 55'. We thought we were being safe. The town now wants bollards in front of 2 of the guide wires. We have been told that a tower of this hight and construction didin't need guide wires. We need this also in writing. Otherwise, we need to spend money on installing bollards. The tower is a Rohn model 25G there are 6 ten foot sections with a tapered section on top hinged bottom.
Category: Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Do you need help finding a local engineer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the Charlestown, NH selectmen want a NH certified licensed engineered to inspect our tower and write a certified letter with wind and ice parameters. It's all in the information I sent into just answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We need to find an engineer and what it will cost us. We are a non profit Christian radio station. We aren't making one cent of this station. It is strictly a public service. The town initially said we could put tower up. Then neighbor complained. Now they have us jumping through hoops.

I will look for a local engineer for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if I'll get reimburse for this. I'm a disabled veteran on a fixed income. The $45 was hohigh for me another $18 is pushing. It's cheaper to text.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you had any luck finding an engineer licensed in the state of NH that will meet our needs and be willing to work with us?

I have not been able to find someone able to inspect a tower like that.

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

Have you spoken with one of the locations of DuBois & King, Inc? They are a comprehensive engineering firm that includes structural engineers.

http://www.dubois-king.com/contact/

CLD Consulting Engineers has a location in Manchester and they do structural review:

http://www.dubois-king.com/contact/

Either of these may be able to help you but you will need to contact them.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for this information . I found two possible firms that are local. However, I will also contact them. You came through where the other guy gave up. I talked to one engineered in a large firm and he said we will probably have trouble finding a firm that will want to put their name on this . Since they didn't design and install the tower themselves. If you come up with any other firms please let me know and may God bless you.

You're so very welcome. If an engineer inspects the tower and agrees that everything is safe they should have no problem putting their name on a letter. The problem, of course, will be in paying for the engineer's evaluation unless they will contribute their work to your cause.

Good luck!

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We putting in God's hands. We have a go to meeting in a few minutes and I'll bring this and the. Other firms up thank you.

You are indeed welcome!

God bless!

Schuyler

~