walkereng
walkereng, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Over 30 years of comprehensive experience
61772417

More of mechanical,could be structural engineering question.This

Customer Question

More of mechanical,could be structural engineering question.This is about a wakeboard apparatus designed by a company that's not working properly.The design incorporates a 3/8 in.high tensile strength cable from 2 poles aproximatlely 700 ft.apart.The cable raps around 2 pulleys stationed on opposite poles.To pull the participant through the water a line is attached to a pulley system.Problem is where the line is connected.It is fasted to an apparatus with pulleys on it in which the cable passes through and returns to each pulleys on opposite poles.This apparatus fails continuously.Wouldn't it be prudent to encorporate 2 swivel pulleys at both ends and eliminate the apparatus with the pulleys completely?
Category: Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any pictures you could share with me?
You can attach them to the Chat Window with the paperclip in the toolbar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tomorrow I'll be visiting the site where it is set up.I will take foto's and send them.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are power outages here.In case I loose this thread can you email me at***@******.***.
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** wait for your photos
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No photos available,they dismantled it....I will draw it out
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.
Sounds Good!
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.
Let me know when you come back online
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to keep you waiting,I'm self employed and very busy at the moment,but I will try to draw them up soon.Again thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To get an idea what I'm dealing with,google Milehigh cable Park and Wake Island Watersports.You can click on the pictures on the Milehigh site to enlarge them.The Wake Island one shows the cable in action.It's the device that's pulling the rider,where he's holding the handle,the cable drops from the device on the top pulleys.I'll draw you a diagram when I return.
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.
No big hurry, I will take a look at your links and then wait for your diagram.
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.
I am still here to help if you need it