Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

On a new Health kick. Two days in a row rice showing up in

Customer Question

On a new Health kick. Two days in a row brown rice showing up in my stool. I also take activated charcoal. Milk thistle. Fish oil. Multivitamin EverydayApple cider vinegar and melatonin as well at night. Any concern?Also my still has been dark green.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 months ago.

Can you explain more about your situation? How old are you? Are you a male or a female? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any other medications? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
32 male 6'2 283 lbs lost a lot of water weight last week. Not Super high blood pressure but higher than it should be. No surgeries. Garcinia combogia vitamin as well.

"Two days in a row brown rice showing up in my stool." doesn't mean anything. It is normal. activated charcoal.

Activated charcoal treats gas. It can cause Black stools, black tongue, vomiting or diarrhea, constipation. In more serious cases, it can cause gastrointestinal blockages.

Milk thistle extractis LIKELY SAFE when taken by mouth for most adults. Milk thistle sometimes causes a laxative effect. Other less common side effects are nausea, diarrhea, indigestion, intestinal gas, bloating, fullness or pain, and loss of appetite.

As a folk remedy, apple cider vinegar has been credited with curing everything from the flu to warts. Many of its supposed benefits are unproven, but some experts think that adding a little of this sour liquid to your life may have some health benefits. It may have some benefits in terms of weight loss and weight management, but it is definitely not a quick fix. While apple cider vinegar probably won’t make you skinny, it does appear to help with diabetes and blood sugar control. This kind of vinegar can support immune function and, for some people, even help with constipation. Don't drink it straight. It’s so acidic that it could harm your tooth enamel and your esophagus.

Findings show omega-3 fatty acids may help to lower blood pressure, reduce triglycerides, slow the development of plaque in the arteries, reduce the chance of abnormal heat rhythm, reduce the likelihood of heart attack and stroke, and lessen the chance of sudden cardiac death in people with heart disease.

Side effects from omega-3 fish oil may include stomach upset, loose stools, and nausea. Taking more than 3 grams of fish oil daily may increase the risk of bleeding.