DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I am un-sure of medical specialist to choose, I have severe

Customer Question

i am un-sure of medical specialist to choose, I have severe dry eyes, dry mouth with multiple cavities and dental work, dry vagina, arthritis and severe back problems, loss of energy , forgetfulness and with bulging disc, c-5-6 fusion It sounds like sgorens syndrome, but my question is there any treatment which is effective? ( also chronic pain)
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DoctorAnil replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Sjogren's syndrome is a disorder of your immune system identified by its two most common symptoms dry eyes and a dry mouth.

Ideally to be evaluated by an team of specialists including rheumatologist.

Rheumatologist may be the chief physician and opthalmologist/gynecologist may be consulted as and when required.

The treatment is basically not curative and goals of treatment are to decrease discomfort and reduce the harmful effects of dryness.

Since you have developed arthritis symptoms, your doctor may prescribe nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or other arthritis medications. Prescription eyedrops for dryness may be needed.

Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil)is often helpful in treating Sjogren's syndrome. Drugs that suppress the immune system, such as methotrexate, also may be prescribed.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.