drphophalia
drphophalia, Doctor
Experience:  Do adrenal, thyroid and parathyroid surgery regularly.
5625079

My Mother 67, diabetic Last week she fainted. Did not lose

My Mother 67, diabetic
Last week she fainted. Did not lose consciousness and apparently as he described had a "stroke" and was released from the hospital the next day. Apparently there is a smal blood clot on the back left side of her brain. She recently has had high blood pressure (doesn't have a history of high blood pressure).
Is this a stroke? Do blood clots go away? How Long? What should she do? I am overseas and I want to get a second opinion from a doctor here

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What did her CT scan or MRI show?

Was a colored doppler study of neck arteries (carotid arteries) done?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I'm working with very little information. What I was told was blood clot in brain left back side

The symptoms you have described may be transient ischemic attack (TIA). This is also termed as transient neurological attack (TNA). This is also called as mini stroke. In stroke there is some neurological deficit for some time while in TIA, it is a transient neurological change which revert very soon.

The tiny blood clots may go very soon. Even big blood clots would disappear but will take a longer time. So it is the size of the blood clot which will determine the time to disappear.

She needs to meticulously control her blood pressure and diabetes. These will prevent the further attacks. Also she may need aspirin or Clopidogrel (which I am sure her physician had prescribed), which will prevent further episodes.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What are some key triggers that would make it worse? What are things she should absolutely avoid?

Following should be avoided or controlled;

1) Stress

2) Anxiety

3) High cholesterol

4) High blood pressure

5) High blood sugar.

6) Physical over exertion.

7) Avoid smoking and alcohol if she does.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/