Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

I would like to get a prescription for Testopel however, my

Customer Question

i would like to get a prescription for Testopel however, my testosterone count is slightly higher than the cut-off for my insurance to kick in (my results were approx 240 and the insurance "cut-off" is approx 195). suggestions?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i was hoping to get an answer from a doctor regarding alternatives to Testopel.
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do by best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

Testopel is very popular nowdays, but there are alternatives:

Forms of Testosterone Supplements

Testosterone replacement therapy is available in several forms. All can improve testosterone levels:

• Skin patch (transdermal): Androderm is a skin patch worn on the arm or upper body. It's applied once a day.
  • Gels: AndroGel and Testim come in packets of clear testosterone gel. Testosterone is absorbed directly through the skin when you apply the gel once a day. AndroGel, Axiron, and Fortesta also come in a pump that delivers the amount of testosterone prescribed by your doctor. Natesto is a gel applied inside the nose.
  • Mouth patch: Striant is a tablet that sticks to the upper gums above the incisor, the tooth just to the right or left of the two front teeth. Applied twice a day, it continuously releases testosterone into the blood through the oral tissues.
  • Injections and implants: Testosterone can also be injected directly into the muscles, or implanted as pellets in the soft tissues. Your body slowly absorbs the testosterone into the bloodstream.

Why not a simple testosterone pill? Oral testosterone is available. However, some experts believe oral testosterone can have negative effects on the liver. Using other methods, such as skin patches, gels, orally disintegrating tablets, or injections, bypasses the liver and gets testosterone into the blood directly.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thanks for your response. i will do some research and likely generate follow-up questions..

You are welcome!

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon! You are welcome to ask follow up questions even after the rating has been done. Thank you.

Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 11 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Frye from Just Answers and I am wondering if you still needs help with your question? Thank you very much!