Moe Zafarani
Moe Zafarani, Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology
54460990

I exercise once or every other week at a gym.The only type

Customer Question

Hi im Michael.
I exercise once or every other week at a gym.The only type of equipment I use there is the hydraulic machines, so I can build muscle.
Im 31 years old and in very good health.
If I was start walking as a form of exercise ,would that interrupt my bodies ability to build muscle?
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Moe Zafarani replied 3 months ago.

absolutely not,

walking would result in more sustained blood flow increase to all body parts...including muscles, this would help by all means.

Now, If you were to start running, typically you should have a carb loading beforehand, so you don't take calories away from the muscles.

If you're satisfied, please rate the experience and accept the answer so that I can be credited with helping you today.
I will still be available to chat and clarify things even after you have accepted the answer.
Kindest Regards, *****