Dr K
Dr K, MD
Experience:  Board certified, experience in thyroid disease and diabetes

I have a severe case of eye brow hair thinning. It's moving

Customer Question

I have a severe case of eye brow hair thinning. It's moving very rapidly! I saw a dermatologist earlier who did a rudimentary thyroid test and said that the results were unremarkable. The problem is noticeable. Please help! I tried going to an endocrinologist at Johns Hopkins and he chose to run the exact same tests that were run before. I felt like my time was wasted. Please help
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr K replied 21 days ago.

Thinning and complete loss of eyebrow hair is common with aging. No blood test will show much. Hypothyroidism is rarely a cause. There is no real treatment. I am sorry.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No root cause for this can be done? This is very frustrating. I don't want to lose all my eyebrow hair. I'll look crazy!Are there no other options for me?