How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Endocrinology
Satisfied Customers: 6948
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Endocrinology Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible for a man, 78 years old, who has been

Customer Question

Is it possible for a man, 78 years old, who has been sexually inactive for 15? years, to attain a balance of hormones?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I've been shy about talking to anyone about this. My wife and I have been married 57 years; and we are still in love. She has health issues, as do I. Still, I
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I talk Metoprolol, venlafaxine, furosimide, and finasteride, which all possibly contribute to ED. Or so I've read.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

It is possible to get the hormone balance again with the help of exogenous male hormones but any hormone you would take would increase the risk of prostate hypertrophy at your age. However you can meet you sex therapist/counselor to sort it out. Fanasteride is the culprit for ED.

Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Wish you good health