Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

I have been diagnosed with a large nodule on my thyroid

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with a large nodule on my thyroid gland. The thyroid blood work does not show any issues. The diagnosis has been confirmed by a sonogram and I have had two biopsies but both have come back "inconclusive" My current Dr wants me to have procedure again with another Dr in her practice "that has more experience" and suggested that I come back in the middle of August. She said that if this test comes back with the same results then an open biopsy is suggested. I do not want to continue with this practice and have been working for over a week to get MY medical records from them and because I cannot see any Endo specialists unless they have my records to review first, I cannot schedule any appointments. In the meantime, I am trying to get appointments because I am promising the Medical Assistant that based on my history the Dr will want to see me. The one appointment I did not get in the middle of Oct! I am scared and frustrated and not sure what I should do. Can you offer any advice?
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for this question

What is your main decision you need help on?

whether or not you should have another FNA?

just click reply to respond