Dr. David, Other
Experience:  Experienced physician, undergraduate studies at MIT, studied Engineering, qualified to answer your questions.
41363181

I am tired all the time and can not lose weight. I have half

Customer Question

I am tired all the time and can not lose weight. I have half a thyroid and take .125 of synthroid. Help...any suggestions? I used to take 2 grains of natural thyroid when I lived in Hawaii, but can not find grain thyroid now. It was from a thyroid of a pig, the doctor who was a natural path doctor.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. David

how old are you?

what is your most recent TSH level?

have you had B12,vitamin D, ferritin and iron levels checked? low levels of these can cause you to be fatigued.

do you snore? if you do, this can cause sleep apnea and this can cause you to feel fatigued.

you can ask your doctor to prescribe you Armour desiccated porcine (from pig) thyroid hormone which is dried from pigs thyroid gland

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com