Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board certified physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

FT4

Customer Question

FT4
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.
Hello,Welcome back to justanswer.com FT4 stands for Free T4, Also known as Free Thyroxine.This test is used to evaluate thyroid function and diagnose thyroid diseases including hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism.It also help to diagnose Pituitary disorders.Reference- https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003517.htm Hope this helpedPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your post.Can you please let me know what your question is?If the level of your FT4 is high or low it does not matter a great deal.The most important thing to look at first is the TSH.If the TSH is normal. FT4 would usually not carry much significance.Let me know if you have more questions.Rate me when you are done asking.Regards