khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

What is your opinion of the physiological safety of the Ideal

Customer Question

What is your opinion of the physiological safety of the Ideal Protein Diet for a 74-yr-old female with obesity, mild hypertension (on amlodipine), mildly high cholesterol (atorvastatin, and Type II diabetes well-controlled by lifestyle (A1C 6.5)? I alsom have a slightly elevated GFR (55). I am knowledgeable about the mechanics of the program (phases, cost, mild ketosis, etc.) and wonder about the safety. I will see my Nurse Practioner in a couple of months but would appreciate an opinion now to consider.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  khagihara replied 7 months ago.
It costs $416.00 a month and going up. It is a cost, but when you start realizing you aren’t buying all the junk food and eating out, it really isn’t that expensive. One of the more common complaints about Ideal Protein relates to the limited food choices, which makes you bored. The diet does not offer clinical studies proving this choice is better than a traditional diets. I recommend you join Weight Watchers.