Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I found on my insurance profile that I've been diagnosed with

Customer Question

I found on my insurance profile that I've been diagnosed with testicular hypofunction. I have an appointment next week but need to know more now. It says something about me using testosterone when I was younger. Explain please if this is basic hypogonadism. I have normal sized genitals so it happened after puberty
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.
Hi This is Dr Stan and I will assist you today. Testicular hypofunction basically means that you are not producing testosterone like you should. The testicles are responsible for the production of this hormone. When it occurs after puberty, the body changes are less striking, but there may be a loss of fertility and libido. If the disorder is secondary to anterior pituitary disease, the gonad-stimulating hormone should be administered. You need to see a Urologist to determine the cause and begin treatment. I hope this is beneficial. Should you have additional questions, I am here to answer them.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I had my IGF-1 GNRH LH and FSH measured also as ordered by a consulting Endocrinologist I dont know what those values are but will they be enough to find cause and treatment

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.
These will help to determine cause, but the endocrinologist will probably order additional tests including MRI to determine Pituatary involvement.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Ok thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.
You are welcome. A positive rating is always appreciated