Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

Should I be concerned if my TSH level recent lab test indicated

Customer Question

Should I be concerned if my TSH level recent lab test indicated a result of .71. I reviewed my records and three years ago it was the same. I have hair loss, nail peeling and overgrowth of toe nails, I have and am treating with a psychiatrist for chronic depression and rheumatologist for fibramyalgia for tiredness, constant aches in joints at different times all over and then at time, just in a specific joint. I've have rotator cuff repair and carpal tunnel repair, bilaterally for CTS. My doctor's have never to my knowledge discussed a need to medicate for thyroid levels, should I ask about this treatment although test indicate my labs may be in normal range?
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.Can you attach a copy of the lab report (every labs normal values are different)?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.