Dr. David, Other
Experience:  Experienced physician, undergraduate studies at MIT, studied Engineering, qualified to answer your questions.
41363181

I have a question so apologies. All my life I have suffered

Customer Question

I have a long question so apologies. All my life I have suffered from sexual confusion, homosexual urges but acting heterosexual. I suffer from bipolar disorder. I was prescribed lamotrigine which took away all homosexual urges and left me with a heterosexual appetite. I had to stop taking it due to side effects which brought back the homosexual urges.
More recently I have lowered my sugar intake by cutting out foods and drinks which contain refined sugar and cook freshly made food and follow a balanced diet. I still include modest amounts of bread and pasta in my diet. I have been eating a lot of nuts but sadly I have developed an allergy. This diet improvement has taken away the homosexual urges and given me a heterosexual appetite far greater than I've ever had.
My question is mixed, I think; I'm concerned now that I've just had to cut nuts out of my diet that this state will revert back to homosexual urges and my sexual appetite will go away. I'm also keen to know your thoughts on whether the low sugar diet could be the reason for a healthy sexual appetite?
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David

every person is different and some people can be bisexual or have both homosexual and heterosexual urges.

it sounds like in your situation, sugar and eating a poor diet can cause more homosexual urges.

nuts have lots of protein, but can be hard to digest if you are not chewing them well and if you are eating them too quickly

you can get natural nut butter like natural almond butter or natural cashew butter and spread them on fruit and celery which will be healthy for you and easier to digest

also greek yogurt also has high protein for you to eat as well

work on exericse and eating healthier and this could continue to help your sexual confusion

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com