Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I'm not sure how this works. My daughters surgery was

Customer Question

Hi, I'm not sure how this works. My daughters surgery was delayed for 7 months because her tumor had been identified but she was not informed of the finding. She had Cushing's symptoms at the time it was id'd on a CT, and she became increasingly symptomatic and we discovered the tumor in her medical record 7 months later. She had the adrenal surgery, but the tumor had grown by 50%, she had increased symptoms and restriction of activity during that 7 month period. We are trying to figure out the additional physiological risk and damage during the period that she continued with the cortisol overload. She is currently tapering, a nightmare.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No medications now other than hydrocortisone replacement on a tapering schedule based on ongoing lab work.

Thank you for that additional information.

Was her vision affected?

What are you hoping to learn, and how do you hope to apply, any guesstimates on what physiological risk or damage she may have had -- and how it may affect her going forward -- before here tumor was excised?

What are the problems she is facing now other than the taper issues?