DrHoellering
DrHoellering, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

I went in and got my results back this morning but know that

Customer Question

Hi, I went in for testing and got my results back this morning but know that I will not get a response today. My T4 Free was .86, my T3 was 119 and my TSH was 3.00. I got tested for pre-diabetes and my Hemoglobin A1C was 5.1 percent which seems normal.
My Glucose, however, was 55 mg which seems really low. What could the explanation for that be? Do my thyroid levels seems normal
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.

HI there,

I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.

You are far away from Pre Diabetes, Your HbA1c is perfectly okay! The Glucose is low in the morning in people who burn ther carbohydrates very fast. Your thyroid levels are normal, too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not get a glucose test in the morning, I got it at 5pm

That is quite late. When did you eat that day? If you didn't have much lunch and worked until 5 it is understandable that your carbohydrate stores were run down.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ate around 11:45-12:00 I had a mini bagel and a bag of chips, so I am not sure why it would be that low. Does that sometimes happen? Last year it was pretty low also but my doctor said "its normal for it to be a bit low for a normal healthy adult"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last year it was 49, this year it was 55. I actually felt a little dizzy in the later afternoon before I went to the doctor. I did not eat breakfast, so all I ate was a bagel and a small bag of chips. I did not drink too much

That was by far not enough! Small wonder your glucose was low!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What was not enough? For lunch a bagel and a bag of chips is not enough? The bagel was not mini, thinking about it now. It was regular sized. The chips were normal size, and were shared. I did not have breakfast though, and I did not drink much.

No, it is not enough, because the body needs some vitamins and protein and vegetables. And since you had no breakfast and needed carbohydrates badly for lunch these weren't enough.

So please change to a better way of life, don't skip breakfast and give your body the food and water it needs to function.

Good luck and thank you for a positive rating for my help!

May I remind you to hit a positive feedback button for my help? If you don't I don't get any credit from the deposit you already made. It is much more fun to answer questions in our spare time when we get the credit customers offered for our support.

Thank you!