Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

If my ast is 21 and my alt is 14, is that a problem?

Customer Question

Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

What are your other lab values?

Why was the testing done?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last year I had very low iron (82) and was feeling off/agitated/irritable, probably due to a hysterectomy (my ovaries are in tact). I was given 2 iron infusions. This year I had a comprehensive test performed to see where I stand metabolically. Now it seems my Iron count is 302. I am experiencing agitation and hypersensitivity. My goal is to find out what my body needs in order to improve my nutrition or whatever else, so as to avoid the moodiness r agitation. Here are my tests for your review.Thanks

Thank you for that additional information.

No. That is not a problem. Both your AST and ALT are in the normal range.

I hope you feel better soon.

Have a good week.

Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS