Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have hypothyroidism TSH started as 135 and with medication

Customer Question

Hi. I have hypothyroidism TSH started as 135 and with medication I took first 50 then 75mg It went down to 6.04, I am currently on 100mg and I got my results today TSH 0.2 Is it too low? and shall I reduce the dose? I am trying to get pregnant, is this level of 0.2 is not helping to get pregnant?
Category: Endocrinology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've discovered the disease on 17/April/2014
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

This level of TSH is slightly too low, but it may not be sufficient to cause a problem. Ideally, we would rather not let the TSH to get below the lower limit of the normal range, which in most labs is around 0.5. This level of TSH is probably not interfering with getting pregnant, but we would still prefer to keep the TSH at least around the lower limit of the normal range to avoid symptoms that can be related from excessive levels of thyroid hormone.

If the TSH was 6.04 on 75 mcg per day and 0.2 on 100 mcg per day, then you appear to need a dose in between, such as a dose of 88 mcg per day.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.