Dr. David, Other
Experience:  Experienced physician, undergraduate studies at MIT, studied Engineering, qualified to answer your questions.
41363181

Last 6 months I've had gh blood pressure when I've gone to

Customer Question

For the last 6 months I've had high blood pressure when I've gone to the doctors. 180/90 I'm only 39, doctor didn't seem to concern but has sent me off for blood work
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

some patients can have white coat syndrome where they are very anxious and nervous when they go to the doctors office and this can drive up their blood pressure.

what is a better measurement of your regular blood pressure is to get a blood pressure cuff and take your blood pressure at home

or you can go to drug stores or grocery stores where they have blood pressure cuffs and check your blood pressure not in a doctors office and see if it is high

most likely it will be normal

have you checked your blood pressure outside of the doctor's office?

are you nervous when you go see your doctor?