Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

I have a question about parasites. I went to the

Customer Question

I have a question about parasites. I went to the Philippines from September to November of last year. While I was there I gained 6 pounds in one day. When I came home in November I continued to get worse. My body weight then went up to a 25 pound weight gain and I gained another 10 pounds in one day. My total body weight went from 180 to 205 pounds. When I first came home I had symptoms of low pulse rate -55 beats per minute, low body temperature-96.5 degrees - my temperature would also fluctuate but would never go above 97.8 degrees, constipation, brain fog, my testosterone level went from 835 to 400 and my cortisol levels went through the roof. I run competitively and my 1 mile run time went from 5 minutes to 8 minutes. It's been about 10 months later and a lot of my symptoms are getting much better. My body temperature is right around 98.3 degrees and doesn't drop below 97.8. My constipation is better and so is my heart rate- it averages about 75 beats per minute. My brain fog comes and goes and my running is getting slightly better. I can run maybe a 6:45 mile. I've been following an anti parasite diet for the last couple of day--I only eat organic chicken breast, asparagus, almonds, oat bran and quinoa, that's it. I'm also taking anti- fungals - black walnut, wormwood, diatamecous earth and Bentonite Clay. I've also been using a sauna every day for a half and hour. It's been helping and my body weight is now down to 198 pounds from 205 pounds in the last couple of days. I'm still really concerned about my blood and saliva tests. They are showing liver, celiac and cardiovascular problems. I'm wondering if this is still from a parasite infection. I'm 39 years old and I'm a health nut. I eat a very pure diet- clean carbs, lean protein, fruits and vegetables and never eat red meat or any type of junk food. I work out intensely 5 days a week one hour each day and train for triathlons and decathlons. I have some results back from a saliva and blood test. I have to go see my doctor again in three weeks but I'm really concerned and wanted to show a doctor my results and get a second opinion now. Can I send you my blood work and let me know what you think is wrong. Do you think it could be an infection or parasite. I found it hard to believe that i have cardiovascular and liver problems. Thanks, Eric

PLEASE CANCEL THIS. I'VE ALREADY FOUND MY ANSWER

Category: Endocrinology