Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor
Experience:  I am expert in internal medicine including diabetes with more than 7 years of experience.
16248889

I have hypertension but I 't take my medicine all the time.

Customer Question

I have hypertension but I don't take my medicine all the time. Like tonight my pressure is 101/75 but heart rate is 100 why
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello-

This blood pressure is fine but resting pulse would be a bit high. This could be causes by a dehydrated state or anemia as possible causes.

Watching pattern of pulse and BP over time is of more value than a single reading. An average of 10 or so readings seated after 10 minutes rest would be helpful. With elevated pulse rate this is mild but could be caused by exertion or anxiety or Sri ulant( including caffeine) or as I mentioned anemia or dehydration are possible causes .

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Expert:  Dr .Saeed ahmed replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting a response from me I was offline.
Do you have any symptoms ? like chest pain ? shortness of breath ? palpitations ? dizziness ? blackouts ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** suffer from anemia

Hello again...

The anemia may be a factor with you then. Lower red cell count in the blood means your body has to compensate and increase in pulse rate is a way for your body to compensate for the anemia...so that makes sense

Let me know if you have further questions.Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD

If you have anemia then it is most likely cause of your fast heart rate, this should be corrected as lasting of fast heart rate more than 3 months can prone a person to weak heart muscles.