DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor. Years of experience with diabetes, both conventional treatments and diet treatments.
24257177

Ceruloplasmin levels of 11.7 what is the diagnosis usually

Customer Question

ceruloplasmin levels of 11.7 what is the diagnosis usually
Category: Endocrinology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been trying to figure out what I have these past couple of months, levels of ceruloplasmin are low of 11.7 , low copper deficiency! Symptom of weakness in body, speech problems, coordination, tiredness, losing my voice, tremors and more, all symptoms of this disease, been to so many neurologist, and the last one did these blood test and I looked at my blood work on line and spoke to my neurologist and said I had low copper deficiency so they made me do a ceruloplasmin blood test and when I looked it up it said the level was low 11.7, but they haven't gotten back to me and having difficulty getting through to them, doctors where I live are not to most reliable, I will be making a appointment with my endocronologist tomorrow because I see this type of disease is associated with endocrinology, but just want to know if anyone knows any info on this right now, tired of not getting any answers, please help!!!
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
HI ceruloplasmin does not diagnose anyting by itself.What is your exact question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does these levels mean? Copper ceruloplasmin was 11.7
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
tell me the exact lab reference range
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could it be from having a eating disorder, I have had these symptoms since March, blurry vision, double vision, loss of voice, slurred speech, weakens like paralyzation in legs and arms,
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
NoPlease tell me the exact lab reference range
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And depressing, could it be malnutrition, even tho I don't look it my eating disorder has relapsed, laxatives and purging and starving myself, have had this since I was 12, read up on Wilson disease just trying to see if this could be this diseas that's causing this, I have done MRI of brain and spine and multiple blood test, emg and much more to see if it was neurological, all normal, first they said it was a complicated migraines but I have these symptoms every day, especially When I do too much or stress, sometime it just comes like episodes, sometimes it just like that all day, because of my bowl movements aren't normal obviously and I I have thyroid disease and also am bipolar and take a lot of meds and not the healthiest person because I stress I drink and smoke, is there any relation because the neurologist did say that that copper deficiency can be from malnutrition that is why she ordered the ceroluplasmin test to see if any relation, that's why I am asking, please help or recommend anything else if u think this is isn't the case, no answers since March, I have stopped most of my bad habbits for a awhile but still was having these symptoms, then they thought it was medication, but being on this medication that I have been on for so long should not be doing this according to all my doctors I have been too,,,please let me know your analysis, I have had some stress on me but, I have had worse, I have a good life stressful yes, successful I own a restaurant I have 3 degrees 2 kids and three step children, a good strict Greek Italian family, that are nuts sometimes haha and loving husband but it can be a lot for me, but out of all 30 blood tests this came up!!! Not understanding I have been trying to figure out what I have these past couple of months, levels of ceruloplasmin are low of 11.7 , low copper deficiency of 52 Symptom of weakness in body, speech problems, coordination, tiredness, losing my voice, tremors and more, all symptoms of this disease, been to so many neurologist, and the last one did these blood test and I looked at my blood work on line and spoke to my neurologist and said I had low copper deficiency so they made me do a ceruloplasmin blood test and when I looked it up it said the level was low 11.7, but they haven't gotten back to me and having difficulty getting through to them, doctors where I live are not to most reliable, I will be making a appointment with my endocronologist tomorrow because I see this type of disease is associated with endocrinology, but just want to know if anyone knows any info on this right now, tired of not getting any answers, please help!!!
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
you still have not told me your labs reference range. A low value can meanmalnutritionlow copperWilson disease.That is basically it.Discuss this list with your doctor. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't get what reference mean I will send u over a picture of my lab work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sending them as photos
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
OKThe copper is low.That is why your ceruloplasmin is low.an eating disorder might cause this.Your other labs are normal. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.