Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

Okay I live in Texas and am goin to be tested by a licensed

Customer Question

okay I live in Texas and am goin to be tested by a licensed experienced medical doctor from Florida that specializes in growth hormone definicies and testosterone deficiency. This doctor does not require I visit him in person, but does require a vast array
of medical testing be done at a local lab corp office in my city and then the results be mailed to him to see if I qualify for the hormone therapy. after he reviews the lab results and deems me a qualified candidate for the treatment he will then send me the
proper chemicals to treat the condition. is this absolutely legal?
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr Adi replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,"Legal" may be a strong word, but certainly not kosher. Any medical evaluation must begin with a History and Physical, before doing any tests. Any respectable physician would want to see you first because running a battery of tests.I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The doctor has requested that i complete a patient history and have a physical done, and then will run the necessary test via labcorp. I respect ur opinion dr could u please elaborate on ur opinion of the situation in terms of legality, and for ur services I will give a substantial tip.
Expert:  Dr Adi replied 1 year ago.
I admit I am confused. Are you saying the Doctor is going to do a History and Physical before ordering any tests? If this is the case then there is nothing wrong with it.
If you are saying the Doctor will order the tests without doing a History and Physical, although many will consider that inappropriate, there is nothing "illegal" in doing so, as far as I know. Taking a full History and doing a Physical exam may eliminate the need for any testing or may focus the tests on what is truly necessary based on the clinical findings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####is my number
Expert:  Dr Adi replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I am not in a position to make a phone call, I will answer any immediate questions you have, but I must go to bed soon. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Taking a full History and doing a Physical exam may eliminate the need for any testing or may focus the tests on what is truly necessary based on the clinical findings.
the doctor requested that from Texas, I get a physical done and have the doctor sign of on the completed physical form, then send the form to him in florida, then he also requested that in texas I fill out his patient history form and send all forms to him to be reviewed accompanied with completed bloodwork that I did in texas. if he deems my levels are in therapeutic range he will write a prescription for the compounds he deems necessary to correct the deficiency and send them from florida to me in texas. i will never step a foot in florida in the process from beginning to end. is this illegal.
Expert:  Dr Adi replied 1 year ago.
It sounds illegal to me! Essentially he is practicing medicine in Texas without a Texas Medical License. I cannot provide any medical care in a different State other than the one I am licensed for (California). You are right.
Expert:  Dr Adi replied 1 year ago.
Hello there. If you have no further questions, please complete the rating so we can close this session. Thanks.