Dr. David, Other
Experience:  Experienced physician, undergraduate studies at MIT, studied Engineering, qualified to answer your questions.
41363181

I was taking Glumetza 6 months back and three

Customer Question

I was taking Glumetza 6 months back and three months back the specialist changed to tranjenta aong with 60 mgm. pills of diamicron but the sugar leve(fasting) went quite high 8-9 and didn'go down Two days back I started taking Glumetza again and the sugar level went down to 5.2 last night. Should I continue taking Glumetza again The specialist changed to TRajenta due to border line kidney function . I am 80 years old Please advise .ThanksKusum XXXX
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
THis is Dr. David
Glumetza is metformin.
Tradjenta is linagliptin
Diamicron is gliclazide
if the glumetza is controlling your blood glucose levels better, I would stay on it and tell your doctor that it is controlling your blood glucose levels better than Tradjenta and Diamicron.
better glucose level control will hopefully over time improve your kidney function
you have to make sure you drink enough water during the day to help your kidneys
and also avoid advil and ibuprofen and naproxen sodium which can tax and stress your kidneys.
are you drinking enough water during the day?
can you call up your doctor this weekend or early next week to let them know you want to stay on the Glumetza?