Dr. David, Other
Experience:  Experienced physician, undergraduate studies at MIT, studied Engineering, qualified to answer your questions.
41363181

HAD A URINE TEST AND THE GLUCOSE WAS 500 WHAT DOES THAT ME

Customer Question

HAD A URINE TEST AND THE GLUCOSE WAS 500 WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? I'M VERY DIZZY AT TIMES AND FALL AND CAN'T KEEP MY BALANCE.

Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David

you should not have any glucose in your urine

if the urine glucose is 500, you most likely have diabetes and super high blood glucose levels

diabetes can cause damage to nerves over long periods of time and cause dizziness and balance problems

you have to see a doctor right away to get your blood glucose levels checked and brought down

you have to call up 911 and get to an ER or hospital emergency room to get your blood glucose levels checked

this is very serious and can be fatal in some patients.

do you have an ER or hospital close to you where you can be checked for diabetes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know I have diabetes.I just wanted to know what it ment to have glucose in my urine if 500 and having diabetes.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it means your blood sugar levels are very very high

and your diabetes is not in control

and you are at risks for diabetic ketoacidosis and complications of your diabetes such as damage to your kidneys and retinas of your eyes to cause blindness over time