Dr. David, Other
Experience:  Experienced physician, undergraduate studies at MIT, studied Engineering, qualified to answer your questions.
41363181

I have type 2 diabetes,my numbers have been excellant with

Customer Question

I have type 2 diabetes,my numbers have been excellant with no medicatiion,my problem is when I eat anything my feet hurt i do have nuerapathy in my legs and feeet
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
that is good your numbers are good for your diabetes
I hope you have had good control of your hemoglobin a1c levels for a long time
I am sorry you are having pain in your feet
the pain in your feet could be from blockage of blood flow in your feet from blockage of circulation after you eat which sometimes can happen.
neuropathy symptoms in your feet would tend to cause symptoms all the time, not just after you eat
you should still see a doctor and get a doppler ultrasound scan of your legs blood flow to see if there is any narrowing or claudication or stenosis of the blood flow in your legs
if there is, your doctors might order an angioplasty procedure to use a balloon catheter to help open up blockage.
do you have a doctor you can see about your feet pain?