DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Internist
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
55099014

I am a 40 year old male. I was diagnosed with papillary

Customer Question

I am a 40 year old male. I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid carcinoma when I found a nodule on my right side of my throat in Oct 2014. Had a ultrasound needle biopsy that confirmed it. It was encapsulated, 2cms round.
Surgery was done on 2/06/15. Right lobe was taken and the middle. The left side of my thyroid was left untouched after frozen dissection relived no spreading of cancer anywhere. No radioactive iodine treatment needed. Currently on 100mcgs of Levo.
Follow up visit with a Thyroid Oncologist at Stanford Uni and all my symptoms are within normal functioning levels. No cancer found at this time.
My two following questions:
1) Regardless of how much rest I get, eat a balance diet and exercise. I never feel like I get enough rest. I understand it may take up to a year to feel normal again. But for some reason, I wake up each morning for the past 2 weeks feeling like I have a hang over. Yet, I drink no alcohol. I have a pounding head ache and it takes me most of the day to just feel ok again. The best way I can describe it is: I feel like my endocrine is all twisted up. And the head aches are right where my pituitary is located. I sometimes attribute it to not going to bed on time or getting enough rest. But even on days I get plenty of rest I feel this way. More so after a I had just worked out the night before. Am I pushing my limits or is this another underling problem?
2) I felt these types of symptoms prior to having surgery too. Do you happen to know what is causing all of this?
Thank you.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Answers are for informational purposes only. This chat doesn't establish a doctor-patient relationship. Please confirm info with your own doctor.
What are all your blood levels?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
I would get an MRI of the brain
maybe there is an issue in the brain.
New onset headaches is concerning at your age