Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My name is ***** ***** I been having this body odor for

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I been having this body odor for liked 7 or 10 years, it's liked every time I take a shower, I can smelled something liked perfume and something else liked I smell liked funk, it's liked it's coming from my pores!!! I tried everything even go to doctors but still nothing they say oh maybe I am thinking of it in my head, and went to a dermatologist they didn't take no test, they just give me things for my body and still nothing, I don't know what to do I feel liked I am going crazy, my family say they don't smelled me but their face expression shows different people sit by me on the bus but after 5 minutes they moved!!! I just don't know what to do anymore or what specialist that will me, or maybe I am crazy liked they say I am
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.
The first thing to get ruled out here is atrophic rhinitis. It is a condition in which there is a chronic inflammation of nose characterised by atrophy of nasal mucosa, including the glands, turbinate bones and the nerve elements supplying the nose. It is most commonly seen in females.
The nasal cavities become roomy and are filled with foul smelling crusts which are black or dark green and dry, making expiration painful and difficult.
Microorganisms are known to multiply and produce a foul smell from the nose, although sometimes, the patients may not be aware of this, because their elements (responsible for the perception of smell) have become atrophied. This is called merciful anosmia.
I would suggest that you see an ENT specialist instead of dermatologists or Neurologists.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.